Sunday, February 20, 2011

Owen Patrick Taylor

Zane here and this will probably be my first and only post.  Then I can hand it over to Kaitlin who is way better at updated friends and family with events that go on around here.  I want to post some of Lissy's pictures for everyone to see.  For those of you who don't know who Lissy is: she is Kaitlin's older sister.  She is an excellent photographer and we're lucky to have her around so she can take these newborn pictures.
Kaitlin woke me up around 1:30am Tuesday, the 15th.  She thought she was having contractions but wasn't sure.  I could tell that she was probably in labor because she was getting nauseous.  I called the hospital and told them we are on our way.  Owen arrived at 2:24pm that day.  He was 8.0 lbs and 20.5 inches.  The whole experience was mind blowing.
The hospital thing got pretty old real fast.  Kaitlin's family came up to help and see Owen for the weekend.  Her parents and sisters (Lissy and Caroline) each watched him for a night so Kaitlin and I could get caught up on some much needed sleep...Thank you! 







I guess we shouldn't have named our blog cornfedtaylors???





Lastly I will just say that we're really happy that everything has went fine and Owen is healthy (except for the constipation).  Kaitlin said to me, "you got your boy" and honestly when Owen arrived that was the last thing I thought about.  I was just in awe of him and I still am!


No comments:

Post a Comment